TROUBLE SHOOTING TOOLKIT
COMMON ISSUES THAT USERS COULD FACE
Problem: Player cannot be installed.
Some anti-virus lock the C: drive. Ask such users to install the player on D or E drive.
Problem: Player is installed, but doesn't run.
1. The anti-virus should be paused before installation. You should ensure that installation completes without errors. Sometimes anti-virus lock C drive, and the installation cannot occur. So ask such users to try installing in D or E directory. If installation is repeatedly failing, then this is a problem specific to your PC. (very less, almost 0% users face this problem)
2. Sometimes malicious programs are installed on a PC, and they hinder smooth running. Such programs should be killed before starting the player. Use Graze.exe[download here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4lO90l2hNo6eDNSSlRmY0VnNTg] to kill all such programs. But ask the user to get his pc cleaned at the earliest.
Problem: Video runs but audio is not in sync OR the audio plays but not the video
1. If you have already done that, and the user still reports that problem, then you can ask the user to uninstall Windows Media Player by going to Add/Remove features, and after that again add the Windows Media Player so that it can update itself from the Microsoft site.
2. Run KleanExPlus and restart PC - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4lO90l2hNo6dzVydTAxY3M4MTA
3. Try stop REALTIME Defender/Anti-virus Scan.[MOST COMMON REASON]
4. Please un-install Windows Codec Pack or similar installation by going into control panel.
5. Otherwise the user must re-install his OS.
Problem: Player is cut-off
Solution: Sometimes users[very few, but usually those having video recording softwares installed on their computers] report that the videos are playing perfectly fine, but the lower right corner of the video player appears cut off. This problem is due to a problem with the user's video controller.
Such users should be asked to do the following: Keep the Ctrl Key down and RIGHT CLICK the mouse on the top bar of the player. It will cause the player to resize itself. You can try this on your own player to see a small white patch appear at the two bottom corners of the player. User will have to do it each time he sees this problem. Please advise the user to update the drivers for his video display.
PLEASE NOTE AGAIN: CTRL Key MUST be down when the user RIGHT clicks with mouse. IF DONE CORRECTLY, A BEEP SOUND WOULD BE HEARD.
Problem: Player showing connecting...
Please un-install Windows Codec Pack or similar installation by going into control panel. Some students install these codecs, most of which are outdated now.
Where to get updated mp7 player Set up?